Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor , PGCSD( Dermatology)
6740150

What is nystatin used for? Rashes maybe

Customer Question

what is nystatin used for? Rashes maybe
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 4 months ago.

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.

Nystatin is an anti fungal medication used to treat fungal infections of the skin, mouthgenitals and intestinal tract.

It is Preventing and treating Candida infections of the mouth (oral thrush), throat and intestines (candidosis).It is available only with your doctor's prescription.It kills fungi and yeasts by interfering with their cell membranes.

Yes,when the rashes are due to fungal infections,nystatin is the drug of choice.It cures the fungal infection completely.

Thank you.

Hope this helped.

Is there is anything else that you would like to know.I am happy to address your follow-up questions. Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 4 months ago.

Dear customer

You asked the question regarding the use of nystatin.Hope my answer was satisfactory.

Do you need further assistance?Is there anything else that you would like to know?

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me.I am happy to help you & is waiting for your reply.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 4 months ago.

Dear customer

I have seen that you have not rated my answer so far.Please leave positive rating above the chat box. However if

you still have any questions regarding nystain or any other follow up question,please let me know..I am happy to address your follow-up questions.

Please do not forget to leave positive rating.

Thank you.

God bless you & take care.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 4 months ago.

Dear customer

Do you have any follow up question regarding nystatin or fungal infection or any other follow up question?

If you are done,then please leave positive rating above the chat box.Also you can ask questions after rating my answer.

I am waiting for your reply......

Thank you

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh