Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

My skin is changing before my eyes. I am 35 years old,

Customer Question

My skin is changing before my eyes. I am 35 years old, female, generally healthy. Over the past year or two my skin keeps changing and creases& folds
Why is this happening? Surely its not normal for someone my age?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 7 months ago.

Hi and welcome.

You are right it is not normal for your age. One of the most important factors involved in the initiation of early rapid skin aging is the endocrine system. Particularly important for women, the endocrine system produces and regulates hormones, which decline, sometimes drastically, with age. I would recommend you to get your hormones level tested including TSH, FSH, LH, ESTROGEN, PRGESTERONE, PROTACTIN, so that exact culprit can be found and treatment can be initiated. A visit to dermatologist FOR THOROUGH EXAMINATION OF YOUR SKIN under special light would help in guiding exact treatment.Try to use sunblock whenever you go out and take lots of fluids, healthy diet and apply good moisturizer especially before sleeping.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 7 months ago.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Wish you good health.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you. So do you think there is a hornone imbalance causing Premature aging? Ive attached some photos for you to get a clearer picture.
Is there a name for this so I could look into it a little?
Also could the effects be reversed?
In your experience, have you seen this before?Many thanks
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Oh by the way i believe im quite a healthy eater but not an extremist. I eat chocolate and snacks as well as vegetables etc but I do not eat fried or fast food and sodas which makes me believe im a reasonably healthy eater with one hell of a large appetite!
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 7 months ago.

Thanks for reply.

Yes i think hormones are most likely culprit here. You can read about it as premature aging due to hormonal imbalance.And the effects are reversible onces you get proper treatment. Hormonal replacement therapy can be the treatment and you can take multivitamins rich in vitamin A and E. Your diet seems to be appropriate. Sleep well for at least 6 to 8 hours a day.

Wish you good health.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you. HRT sounds scary - im trying to have kids!
Have you seen the photos? Are they typical signs?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 7 months ago.

Thanks for reply.

It is difficult to confirm diagnosis by looking at pictures only. yOU WILL NOT GET FULL BLOWN HRT rather you will get hormone according to test results whichever hormone is deficit.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 7 months ago.

.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 7 months ago.

Wish you good health.