Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.

I take a Work out class this summer can woman get jock-itch?

Customer Question

Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 month ago.

Myself Dr Josh- and I’m happy to help with your question today.

Well, it is true that Jock itch can occur with women. It can start with itchy rashes in the groin areas, and if left untreated, can spread to the entire body. Yes, it is more common at time of summer.

It is caused by fungus and line of treatment is-
OTC anti fungal creams Canesten 1% cream ,it contains the active ingredient clotrimazole. This cream should be applied 2-3 times a day.
You should take tablet Claritin (loratadine) 10 mg at night daily for 10 days to reduce the itching.

Wearing tight undergarments or tight, synthetic fabrics may cause additional irritation of the jock itch in women.

Also, exercising and walking could increase such symptoms.

You should try to take rest from such class for next few days.

You should wear loose fitting cotton undergarments, You should avoid sharing cloths, towels, wash cloths, and you should keep the groin areas completely dry after showering and before covering with clothes.

You can also use a cotton ball to apply tea tree oil to the affected skin twice daily. You can continue for a few days until the symptoms disappear completely.

Also, White vinegar can also help greatly in dealing with a skin infection like jock itch as it has antifungal and antiseptic properties. You can Mix one part of white vinegar and four parts of water. Then, Soak a washcloth in this solution and use it to wash the affected area, gently and thoroughly. You can repeat it twice a day.

You can follow above measures, and would get good results.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Take claritin in using and using hydrocortisone 2.5% won't help
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry for Picture
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks just embrassed by anti fugus cream
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

This is Dr. David

you don't have to be embarrassed by antifungal creams.

using claritin and hydrocortisone cream is not enough to treat vaginal fungal infection.

you need to use vaginal antifungal creams like GynLotramin or Monistat

these are available at the local drug store

you should keep the area dry as well since fungus like to grow in dark, warm environments

you can use baby powder in the area twice a day to keep the skin and groin as dry as possible.

if this doesn't get better with over the counter treatments, you need to see a doctor and get a gyn examination and urine test.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

Thanks for using