khagihara, Medical doctor
Experience:  Trained in the multiple medical fields for many years.

If I ask a question on just answer, is there a way to make

Customer Question

If I ask a question on just answer, is there a way to make it private, so it is not searchable online?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Have not. No medications
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I am the original patient who asked this question five years ago, and have a recurrence. Are you a real person or a bot?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Five years ago, I had an abscess about the size of a golfball on the inside of my left butt-cheek. It was near, but not on the anus, and developed a socket about 1/2" deep.I did not, at the time, nor do I now have health insurance, so I consulted with a dermatologist here on Just Answer. He helped me treat the abscess at home, and it cleared up in about a week.Following the point at which it had cleared up, the socket healed-over, except for a channel that discharged a yellowish-green fluid-- quite a bit at first, then less as the years passed. I wore a gauze pad on the area to keep it clean and absorb the fluid.Last week it stopped spotting discharge. A few days ago, a bulge occurred near the channel spot. This is closer to the anus now than before, so I am not sure if it is a hemorrhoid or the early stages of a new abscess. It is quite painful to sit and walk.I am hoping you can look at an image of the area to assess what this is, and what I might do to treat it preventatively.
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 month ago.

Can you attach the photos here? How old are you? Are you a male or female? How tall are you? How much do you weigh? Any medical problems? Any surgeries? Any medications including over-the-counter pills and herbs? Any family medical history?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is there a way to make medical questions private so they are not searchable by user name on the internet?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
As to your questions:
I am 50 years Old
6' 2"
Weight: 350No medical problems, aside from high blood pressure (latest reading was 146/95)No Surgeries, no prescription medications. I take melatonin for a sleep aid, and a product called "Super Cleanse" as a stool softener.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Included an image of the original 2011 case, prior to the abscess bursting, and four days after.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Day four of 2011 case
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 month ago.
It seems to be anorectal fistula. You need to have a surgery.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Than you for the diagnosis. Do you have any other advice other than surgery? As I mentioned, I don't have health insurance, and a surgery will likely cost $10,000 or more, so that is not an option. I also understand that surgical repair of fistula is not always successful.I have had this for five years now, but this week it flared up and was causing extreme pain as it seemed to be forming a new abscess. The good news is that it burst last night after applying Apple Cider Vinegar and warm, crisis averted for the moment.Could you please advise:
- What are the risks of not having it repaired?
- What should I do on a daily basis to properly care for it?
- Is it true that surgical repair is often not successful?
- Is the only option in surgery to cut the sphincter muscle, resulting in lifelong incontinence?Thanks for your assessment of these points.
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 month ago.

Since it doesn't have fistula and it was very painful, I think it is perianal abscess rather than anorectal fistula. Since it was drained, the area should be cleaned by frequent sitz baths or hand-held showers. You don't need to have surgery.