DocPhilMD, Doctor
Experience:  Internal Medicine Physician

I have had a random rash on various areas on my body and

Customer Question

I have had a random rash on various areas on my body and face now for almost 4 weeks. No sign of them going away and I've tried pretty much anything. The very front of my scalp started to itch first and then a small area next to my bikini line. Then a red patch appeared next to my belly button and now it's affecting areas of my face. It's itchy, red and scaly. No cream will make it go softer, I've tried normal lotions as well as eczema creams. They seem incredibly random, all sizes and I just can't work out what it is.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 month ago.

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 month ago.

do you have a picture?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 month ago.

any autoimmune disease in the familiy?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Not that I am aware of. No one else has ever had rashes. I have had another kind of rash twice in the past year which looked very different, small bumps all over my body and again itchy. I put it down to a viral rash but it affected me pretty much from head to toe. I did see a doctor and he said it looked like an allergy but I have not been tested. This one seems different. Big patches, but all over. I haven't changed any soaps/perfumes or anything.
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 month ago.

This is something more like diffuse eczema or psoriasis

But you need a biopsy

Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for this question

Please don't forget a positive rating

I appreciate it. :)

if you have more questions, just reply