DermDoc
DermDoc, Doctor
Experience:  M.D with over 30 years of experience in practice.
4713694

A bump popped up on the rim of my lower lip. It was painful

Customer Question

Hello-
A bump popped up on the rim of my lower lip. It was painful to the touch but that's it. It looked exactly like a whitehead, and I was able to pick off the "whitehead" part (even though I know you shouldn't). Since that it has been three days, and everyday it is looking healthier and there is no pain. Am I just freaking myself out about the possibility of herpes?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DermDoc replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.

By adulthood as many as 60 % of people are exposed to herpes simplex virus type -1.So it is a very common infection and you should not worried about this at all.

I do think you can undergo a blood test as well to rule out herpes.

HSV 1 IgG And IgM.

It can be a simple pimple as well.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It's request to avoid poor/bad rating.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

Expert:  DermDoc replied 3 months ago.

It's my privilege to help you if you have any further query regarding your this health issue.
May I help you further?
Waiting for your response.