khagihara
khagihara, Medical doctor
Experience:  Trained in the multiple medical fields for many years.
20084961

Have a very mild burning sensation in the right and left

Customer Question

Have a very mild burning sensation in the right and left edges of my lips with Fordyce spots showing up for the past few days. Tried to moisturize the area but not of much help. Don't know the possible cause and the right treatment for this and it's slowing worsening. Had cleared two set of STI tests over the last 3 months. Don't have food allergies. Don't know what has triggered this.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 9 months ago.

Hi and welcome.

The symptom you described can be due to few reasons the most common cause can be either stricture in the pharynx or pharyngeal muscle weakness. These are treatable conditions. I would recommend you to visit a gastroentrologist for thorough examination and you might need an endoscopy that is examination by an inside camera.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 9 months ago.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Wish you good health.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 9 months ago.

Sorry above is answer to another question posted here by mistake.

Expert:  khagihara replied 8 months ago.

It could be herpetic gingivostomatitis caused by Herpes simplex virus type 1 (HSV-1). You should see your doctor or a dermatologist to have exam and test. If so, you should have anti-herpes viral medication.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I just visited the urgent care. They say it is a Vit B deficiency and a possible yeast infection. I've shown them my test results too for clarification. Please advise.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
FYI I had cleared HSV 1/2 tests at 6 weeks from exposure and another at 13 weeks from exposure. The last test was a week ago. The tests were serological type conducted by Quest Diagnostics for specific Gtg types.