dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology

I think I might have a candida infection, but I am not sure.

Customer Question

I think I might have a candida infection, but I am not sure. I am recovering from a harsh fungal infection attack (jock itch) from 2 months ago. The itch not as itchy as last time, and it has infected my asshole on the outside which didn't happen last time. This time it also didn't swell up my penis and my dick isn't super wet. I think this is happening because i went off my diet of no sugar/no carbs fora few days while i was on vacation, but i would like some confirmation. what do you think?
JA: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this? Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: nope that is about it. oh and i lost 25 pounds within 2 months because of this diet. not sure if that is healthy
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 months ago.

This is Dr. David

where is the itch?

fungus like to grow in dark warm moist environments.

if you have wetness around your anus or private areas, using a corn starch baby powder once or twice a day to keep the area dry can keep away skin fungal infections