DR.EHTISHAM
DR.EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

What is the best way to treat athletes foot on the bottom of

Customer Question

what is the best way to treat athletes foot on the bottom of my foot?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DR.EHTISHAM replied 5 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Athlete foot is a fungal infection and to treat the infection there are certain anti-fungals available. These include miconalzole and clotrimazole.

At times if infection is resistant to topical infection oral anti-fungal like terbinafine or fluconazole is given. Certai keratolytic ointment like salicyclic acid (whitfield ointment ) also help.1% potassium permanganate is an alternate to anti-fungals

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

If done Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating

Regards

Miconazole and clotrimazole are available over the counter

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

Regards

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
What about when I should use the treatments you listed? (Bedtime, etc..)
And will wearing socks and shoes or sandals without socks, washing it more often, etc, help?

Use open shoes or sandals as these will keep your foot dry. Absorbent socks like cotton that wick water away from your feet may help.

Miconazole cream should be used twice a day for a month to cure the infection

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

Regards

Regularly wash the foot but then do dry it properly prior to applying cream

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

Regards