DR.EHTISHAM
DR.EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I have lip discoloration on the upper and lower lip, it's

Customer Question

I have lip discoloration on the upper and lower lip, it's been going on for a long time...what can I do
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Not really, I just ignored it for a long time but it's really becoming uncomfortable to me
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I got some allergic reaction from sulphur in the past that resulted in severe lip inflammation, and since then I stay clear from sulphur
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hello
Expert:  DR.EHTISHAM replied 3 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok. Thanks

What color it usually take ?

Any other symptom ?

Any known medical problem or medicines you are using ?

How old are you ? male or female ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok my name is*****'m an African American. It's black discoloration, I did some lip reduction in the past, but I've been having this issue before then. Most allergic reaction I normally get is on the lip, sometimes blisters
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
sorry I'm a male
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
32
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I take multivitamins and some energy/ fat burn supplements too
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi, are you still there?

Thanks for the information

There can be several reasons for such discoloration

Excessive use of tobacco, drinking hot beverages like coffee, biting the lips excessively, certain hormonal disorders, some allergic conditions, excess iron in the body,certain tooth paste brands,low B-12 levels etc .

The fat you do not have any other symptom means this is not something pathological. It can be due to dietary reasons or allergic condition. I would suggest that you do see the doctor for an evalution to make sure there is nothing wrong and you does not require any specific treatment

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

If done Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating

Regards

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

Regards

Are you there ??

Any more question ?

Regards

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My app is freezing, I consulted to get an answer, what's the difference? I should have saved the money and go and see a dermatologist anyway
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Is that just the answer I will get, then it doesn't add any value to me. It's just a waste of my money and time. All I get is a reference to go see a dermatologist, I know that before I signed up here

I am sorry for this but I have mentioned you the possible causes which can give such symptoms . I can not examine you neither can I get any investigations so I was saying to have an examination . The fact that you have these symptoms for a long duration of time means it is not anything of concern but just to rule out other possible causes an examination is needed.

I am available to answer till you get the answer to your satisfaction

Regards

The limitation is that we can not examine people on this site so where ever an examination is required a visit to doctor is advised .In your case it can be a regular visit to your GP just to make sure there is no secondary reason for such discoloration which I feel is very unlikely

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

Regards

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Well you are still saying the same thing, this adds no single value to me. There is absolutely n difference between now and when I spoke to you initially. So I better go and see a dermatologist and unsubscribe from this thing

We are here to help you in the best possible way we can but as is said there are certain limitation like we can,t examine which is an essential part in medical problem solving so we can only guide.

I understand this is not the answer you were looking but this is the only right answer

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

Regards