Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and health questions answered.
Experience:  General Physician, Family medicine, Internal medicine, all age groups.
88123236

Need advice ASAP. Woke up with this blotchiness on my

Customer Question

Need advice ASAP. Woke up with this blotchiness on my neck/Adam's apple. Not raised. Doesn't itch or burn. No new jewelry, detergent, soaps, perfumes, etc. Took my daily Zyrtec about 15-20 minutes ago - would that help?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 3 months ago.

Hello

Thanks for the question

This seems to be contact allergy

Apply 1% Hydrocortisone cream and take Cetrizine tablets 10mg twice a day and it should disappear in 2 to 3 days

Hope this helps

It is just that only after you click on the positive rating at the top right corner of the page, we are compensated form the website, so please do that

Any questions, please ask after the rating, I will be pleased to answer.

Best Regards

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
What is cetrizine?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
what could the "contact" be from?

Cetrizine is Zyrtec. It can be any irritant - chemical or from clothing, dust mite to which you may be [or most persons may be, means to say common irritant] allergic to

Hope this helps

Any further questions, please ask.

Request to click on the star rating at the top of the page

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok. Well, I did take my daily Zyrtec a little while ago. I hope it goes down.

Yes it should, take one more after 10 hours, and apply the topical cream.

It depends on how potent the allergen is to determine how fast it goes, it should go away in 2 to 3 days

Topical steroid cream I suggested works best if it is allergy

Are you left with any questions? Can I request you to click on the positive rating?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Is there any chance that this could be stress-related? I haven't slept more than 2-3 hours a night for about a week. I don't necessarily feel "frazzled," but maybe my body is stressed (if that makes any sense)?

Yes, this could be stress related, not directly related though. The hormonal variations could have resulted in altered immune response and may have caused this

Sleep well, take rest and apply the ointment. Take tablets. You will be alright

Can you leave positive rating and don't worry if you have more questions. I will sure answer them even after you rate me :) Wish you good luck!