Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and health questions answered.
Experience:  General Physician, Family medicine, Internal medicine, all age groups.
88123236

I woke up this morning with this splotchiness on my neck. It

Customer Question

I woke up this morning with this splotchiness on my neck. It doesn't itch or burn, and the spots aren't raised. I haven't worn any new jewelry (don't have a jewelry allergy anyway) - no new soaps or detergents, etc. Any ideas? I doesn't appear to be any type of bug bite, either. I took my daily Zyrtec about 10 minutes ago - maybe that will help?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 3 months ago.

I’m Dr Chaithanya, attending you.

Welcome to JA and thanks for asking this question.

Please wait while I review your question.

I will get back to you with an answer as soon as possible

Thanks for waiting

I have seen the pic

This looks like contact dermatitis, an allergic reaction to a chemical irritant or environmental allergen.

Yes, Zyrtec should help, take another dose after 12 hrs.

Meanwhile apply Benadryl cream which is available over the counter in the pharmacy

You should be alright soon :)

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top right corner of the page to leave a positive rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for Health-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-chaithanya/

A bonus after rating is optional.

Best Regards

Dr Chaithanya

You can apply 1% hydrocortisone cream as well. This helps the rash go way by reducing inflammation.

Benadryl cream in between to stop itching

Request to please leave a positive rating, only then I'm compensated for my answer. Thanks for that

If no itching, no need for Benadryl cream. Apply only 1% Hydrocortisone cream and continue Zyrtec tablets

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating at the top right corner of the page.

Wish you a speedy recovery

Do you have any further questions?