Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.

Okay my fiancé was in a car accident over 9 years ago. She

Customer Question

Okay my fiancé was in a car accident over 9 years ago. She has bad scars on right side of her face and is missing an ear. She had a skin graft done and she had a bad hematoma on top of her head. Now the past 3 months I'd say fluid and small black n gray pieces are forcing their way out and she has a piece of glass in her cheek, but when the wounds heal up in one spot they get worse and all this fluid from where her hematoma was is coming out and causing new wounds. What can I do to help her from this pain, and help her feel beautiful again and make the scars less noticeable? Can anyone help?
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is there anyway she can have some type of surgery that will make her scars less noticeable? Or will she just not be able to do anything? Because she is miserable..
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 months ago.

This is Dr. David

she can see a plastic surgeon about reconstruction surgery and cosmetic surgery which could help the scar tissue and help remove the piece of glass

she could benefit from nerve pain medications like neurontin (gabapentin) or lyrica (pregabalin) which could help decrease nerve pain.

has she seen a plastic surgeon yet?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
We went and saw a plastic surgeon yesterday. All he said was for her to stop smoking which she already has, and to not use ointments she hasn't been. Tells her to let it heal and come back in 2 months. I just know she's itching bad, can't get it to ever heal right cause when it starts more fluid surfaces and opens the same wound or makes new worse ones. It can't scab up for more then a day.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The doctor didn't care to listen to her issues just was worried about on scar that wasn't even the issue. She just wants it to be able to heal right and not have anymore issues. Also could her having hep. C. Cause her skin and face to do this?

smoking causes us not to heal well and have slower healing

a piece of glass in the cheek can continue to cut the skin and cause infection and drainage and not healing.

it needs to be removed for the pain to be better in this area.

hep c should not cause healing problems like this.

she needs to eat more protein and foods rich in vitamin D to help with wound healing.

and avoid smoking and alcohol.

nerve pain medications like neurontin or lyrica can help itching and nerve pain symptoms.

hopefully over the next two months she can stay away from smoking and show improvement so the plastic surgeon will do plastic surgery repair of the scar tissue to help

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

Thanks for using