Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.

A bump on the head of my penis popped up the other day it is

Customer Question

Hello a bump on the head of my penis popped up the other day it is not painful or itchy it doesn't seem to be fluid filled just raised skin
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?
Customer: It doesn't itch and just two days also I haven't had sex in 5 months
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I'm sexually active however always wear protection
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 months ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

Could you attach a picture of the bump?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I woke up one morning and it wasnt there went to work and when I got home it was there

Thank you for the picture.

This does not look like an STD. Even though you have not had sex in 5 months, it is possible for certain STDs to appear months after an encounter, but this does not look like any STD.

This looks most like an area of irritation and inflammation that most likely has occurred because of friction. This can happen from sexual activity or masturbation, but only when there has been a recent episode. If there has not been any recent episode, then it may have occurred because of friction against clothes or bed linens.

It is also possible that it could be an early yeast infection, as a yeast infection can occur without sexual activity, but a yeast infection would usually have some itching.

At this point, the usual approach would be regular cleaning twice daily to promote healing, and it would usually heal over several days to a week or so.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.

Please let me know if I can provide any further assistance.