Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Medical Doctor
Experience:  20 Years in Internal Medicine, Neurology and Sports Medicine
61817858

I fingered a lady who is a sex worker and i noteced skin

Customer Question

I fingered a lady who is a sex worker and i noteced skin peeling around my fingers with one finger that has a small superficial wound no bleeding but i can see red color and when i put alcohol swap on it it kinda hurt. I'm i at risk of hiv ?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 9 months ago.

If this is the only contact you had, you would not need to worry about HIV. It is transmitted through an exchange of bodily fluids and it does not penetrate the skin.

Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 9 months ago.

If you need added reassurance, you should get HIV tested. It is easy and reliable in most places...but you need to wait at least 2 weeks.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
But what about the wound in my finger i know it was superficial but can hiv enter my blood stream through it. And yes this was the only contact no sex of any kind
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Do i need to test im i at any risk ?
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 9 months ago.

This would be a very unusual form of transmission. I don't think you are at any appreciable risk and testing is not necessary. I would do it only to put the issue to rest completely. You will sleep better. :-)