Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.

I have a very painful sore on the space between my chin and

Customer Question

I have a very painful sore on the space between my chin and lip. It is about a cm in diameter. It feels as though it itches and ia burrowing through the flesh. I have what feels like a under the skin pimple about a cm beneath it and two tiny bothersome spots about a cm above it on my lip. I have had the main spot for about 3 days.I have had shingles before and I am wondering if this could be it again.
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the spots better or worse?
Customer: About a half a week. Adil helps a tiny bit. I don't know if it is from playing with my lip, but my tongue is a little tingly too.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Was a little nauseous a couple days last week.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 months ago.

This is Dr. David

the area between your lips and chin can be a sign of skin bacterial infections like impetigo or skin MRSA skin infections

you have to see a doctor right away and get a skin culture in that area

you may need strong antibiotic creams and pills to hep fight the infection in the area

you should see a doctor at the ER or urgent care center for a skin culture and evaluation of the area.

would you like to upload a clear jpg photo of the area for me to look at?