Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.

This past Friday night my legs and arms were extremely itch

Customer Question

This past Friday night my legs and arms were extremely itch and I frequently woke up during the night to scratch them. The next day the both my forearms and legs were red. Saturday night I took an antihistamine and it seemed to help. On Sunday I noticed that while the itch is better I still have a mild on my arms, my legs and buttocks are still red and my legs are appear swollen.
Thanks for your help.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 months ago.

Hi and welcome.

This seems to be an episode of allergic reaction which can be caused by any irritant or any food allergy. The acute phase is over now only residual reaction is there. I would suggest you to take antihistamine for another day or two till it settles down completely. The redness and swelling would subside in a day or two.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 months ago.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 months ago.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.

Wish you good health