Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.

Does genital warts spread from genital to legs and arms ??

Customer Question

Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 3 months ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

No. Not really.

Genital wart can affect the skin of the upper thigh that borders the genital area. But the bulk of the legs and the arms would not be affected by genital warts.

The warts that can affect the arms and legs, particularly the hands and fingers, are also various strains of HPV, but there are certain strains of HPV that greatly prefer to grow in the genital area, and these are what are called genital warts. So, there are strains of HPV that can affect the legs and arms, but they are not considered genital warts.

The strains that prefer to grow in the genital area can grow in a limited number of other areas, such as the throat, but they do not affect the bulk of the legs or the arms.

If I can provide any clarification, please let me know.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I got one round bumped (5mm)on genital ..some doc told me that it is genital wart (not convincingly)because I picked on it and she was not able to recognize it correctly ..she thought it it genital wart ..then she gave me nitrogen treatment and after 3 days ..I picked on it and small (1 to 2 mm) bumps started to grow 3 on leg and 1 on hip ..spreaded because of the genital bump ..added pics of legs and hipWhat do you are these ??
If it is genital wart on groin ..does it spread as small bumps on other areaDo you think that can be other infection ??
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
This is the pic of genital bump ..which is after nitrogen liquid treatment ..
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Are u there ???

These are separate questions. As a subscriber, you can ask multiple questions, commensurate with your subscription, but the separate questions are supposed to be posted separately.