khagihara, Medical doctor
Experience:  Trained in the multiple medical fields for many years.

I have visited you on January-2,2015 a doctor in Cornell,

Customer Question

I have visited you on January-2,2015 a doctor in Cornell, where I had a infection on my scrotum , and you prescribed me mupirocin 2% oint which made my scrotum heal in approx. two weeks.
One week ago , I had again in same spot some infection (please refer to attached photo), and the spot appeared after wearing a tight jeans or because I used hotel towel.
I used bactroban with mupirocin 2 % oint for the first 3 days , than the doctor here prescribed lotriderm and I altered last two days between bactroban during day (applied twice) and lotriderm during night (applied twice).
Note that the infection itches after shower and drying , the itch goes after applying bactroban or lotriderm
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  khagihara replied 3 months ago.

Did your doctor take a sample and examine it under the microscope? If so, you should apply only lotriderm because your doctor found fungus in the sample. Since bactroban with mupirocin 2 % oint could make the fungal infection worse, you should stop using it.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The doctor here didn't examine it, he just prescribed.attach some photo.