dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

I have Ivermectin medication (6mg tablets) and I 't know how

Customer Question

I have Ivermectin medication (6mg tablets) and I don't know how much to take for dermodex mites onl my face and body. 1 or 2 and I didn't know if I would have to follow up with 2nd dose after 1 or two weeks.
JA: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Any other skin concerns?
Customer: 12 weeks ago I discoverd that I had the mites, but I have had them for 16 yrs after looking back. I also have some time of biting bug on me and in my house after I noticed that I had spider mite infestation. I seem to be getting bitten on my skin and inside my sken. It is not scabies as I bought a microscope to figure out the type of bugs. They look like tiny black spots of pepper, until you try to pick it up and it burrows into what ever surface it's on, including your skin.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I was recently treated for pinworm 8 weeks ago, I'm around children a lot so that doesn't surprise me. That's when I decided to tell my doctor about the demodex mites (worms) and he decided that I was seeing things so I can't go to him for medicine for microscopic bugs, he docent even know that dermodex exist.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 7 months ago.

Hello

this is a prescription medicine, and only your doctor can give you the prescription.\

Who diagnosed this?

How?

And why iveramectin, that is not the correct starting treatment?