DrThomasMd, Internist/homeopath
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor/homeopathy medical and homeopathic approaches to skin disorders.

About 1 week ago I noticed a red rash behind my left knee

Customer Question

About 1 week ago I noticed a red rash behind my left knee after I came home from work. The night before, I had been outside in the yard. I did not notice any insect bite. I do have sensitive skin. The only other thing I can think of is that I used a different conditioner that same week while shaving my legs. There was a red blister-like type bump behind my knee with the rash, however, this has gone away and the skin there seems like it is flaking. It seemed somewhat inflamed but has improved. It does not itch at all. It is not as tender as it was. I have had contact dermatitis before on my upper body following using a shower gel and a perfumed laundry soap. Can you advise?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 3 months ago.

Poison Ivy is another possibility.

If it is going away, I am not sure what your question is at this point.

Without symptoms, I would clean it, and let it go away.

Flaking can be the last stages of resolution.

It can also indicate a condition such as eczema or psoriasis, but these do not seem likely./

I am glad to look at a picture here.

Have your doctor look at your rash as well.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for the information.

You are welcome anytime.

Please click a positive rating at the top of this page: or I won't get paid by just answer.

Find me anytime.