Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I got bit by something on my ankles two nights ago. Around

Customer Question

Hello, I got bit by something on my ankles two nights ago. Around 50 on each ankle? Last night, I scratched them and today they are very inflamed and some of them are blistering! I've never reacted to a mosquito bite like this, but I'm not sure if it's actually that.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 10 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

It does not sound like a mosquito bite....they usually don't bite so many times.....

It sounds like you are having an allergic reaction.

I suggest you put ice packs on the area as well as some 1% hydrocortisone cream (available over the counter almost everywhere...)

Watch for any increasing redness or swelling which could be signs of a possible secondary skin infection from scratching it.

If you think you will scratch the area in your sleep, put heavy sox on.

It should get better in a day or so. If it gets worse, see your MD.

Make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.