DR.EHTISHAM
DR.EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

My arms and legs get dry and sometimes itchy but my face,

Customer Question

My arms and legs get dry and sometimes itchy but my face, thighs, chest, belly are oily. What can I do to not dry out my skin even more? Do I need to use an acne body wash then a moisturizer one just the other parts?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DR.EHTISHAM replied 4 months ago.

Hi

Welcome to JA and thanks for asking

Yes you can use moisturizer cream to help relieve the dryness of your skin.

If this is a new development then you should have an appointment with the dermatologist

On occassion thyroid disorder can cause a dryness of skin too.

So your doctor will assess you if you require any further investigations or if it is just the natural texture of your skin

Sometime certain skin conditions like eczema can cause dryness and itching of the skin too in which case you will require specific medicines to relieve the symptoms.

Good luck

Feel free to ask if you have any more question

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating

Regard

Are you there ?

Do ask if any more question

If you are done Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating

Regard