Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray MD, Physician
Experience:  14 years of Family Practice Experience including most dermatology problems
13781349

My twin sister and I went complete body scan today,

Customer Question

My twin sister and I went for a complete body scan today, everything was fine except the doctor took a biopsy from my sister from her lower butt cheek, that was a little dark, and flat. It looked like a beauty mark. we are both freaking out. The doctor said it was very superficial and jus a precaution. And he doesn't think it will be anything bad. I am very nervous. Please give me some positive answer, before I get a nervous breakdown.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Anthony Bray MD replied 5 months ago.

Hello!

It sounds that you are really over-reacting with unnecessary worry here!

You don't have any lesion on your skin?

Your twin probably just has a dark colored nevus ( mole) which her doctor biopsied as a precaution ...

She probably does not have a skin cancer and YOU have even less reason to worry ..

I hope that this is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns

I will be happy to get back with you

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD