Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO

What does it mean when a dermatologist said it was just

Customer Question

What does it mean when a dermatologist said it was just superficial and it was just precaution and he doesn't think
It's bad. I had a body skin slam and a beautimark or flat mold that was a little dark and he took a biopsi and now I'm a basket case.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 3 months ago.

Hi, Dr. Stan here to help. A "Superficial" growth is one that is very close to the surface of the skin. "Doesn't think it's bad" means he does not think it is cancer. Especially she/he does not think it is a Melanoma. If it is "flat" that indicates a non-cancerous lesion. Try to relax, from the description, it is not cancer. I am here to answer any additional questions you may have. Please leave a positive rating, this is how I am compensated for my response.

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 3 months ago.

Do you have any additional questions?