DR.EHTISHAM
DR.EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

If a spider bite turns dark after a few days, should I

Customer Question

If a spider bite turns dark after a few days , should I worry ? There was no pain when i first discovered the bite and now there is some discomfort and pain
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DR.EHTISHAM replied 4 months ago.

Hi

Welcome to JA and thanks for asking

If you have been feeling discomfort and pain along with dark discoloration of the area, an infection needs to be ruled out.

Its usual to have some degree of pain and swelling after the bite but if it is persisting or you have developed discoloration of the skin i would suggest to get it examined.

Taking some anti inflammatory like Ibuprofen will help in relieving the pain and swelling but if it is infected than you might require a course of antibiotic.

If you want to give any further information or send a picture you are most welcome

Good luck

Feel free to ask if you have any more question

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating

Regards