dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology

I have been amazed after googling that many people suffer

Customer Question

I have been amazed after googling that many people suffer with the exact symptoms I have. I have been plagued with a very very painful skin disorder for about5 months. I am a 53 yr old woman in perfectly good health and have always had very clear skin. My disorder had been this, the area around my nose, mouth and chin had been very painful. I went to a dermatologist who is treating me for cystic acne with an antibiotic, minocycleme and top it
JA: Have you noticed any recent swelling? Do you have any tooth pain?
Customer: Sorry sent too soon
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I didn't finish. I don't have acne, I have a crystal like, sand like substance come g out of my pores, sometimes with cotton like fibers attatched to them. I found a blog with people describing the exact same symptoms. Many pointed to Magellons, but I have no "big crawling" feelings. One on the blog was a dermatologist who didn't know what to do. His doctor told them
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: Him to leave them alone. It's impossible because they're so incredibly painful
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No tooth pain, I've read all the related websites, no meth,no skin crawling feelings, no psycosis or psycological issues. Just a very painful skin condition where the sores do not heal. Very inflamed, no pus and not responding to Any treatment. Was previously on doxicycline for about 7 months due to irritated skin, but nothing like this
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have been waiting40 min for a response. I was told8 min I would have a response
Expert:  khagihara replied 3 months ago.

I will try to help you. How tall are you? How much do you weigh? Any skin change? If so, can you attach the photos here? On a scale of 0-10, what is it with 0 being no pain and 10 being the strongest pain? What is it like? Does anything make it better or worse? Did you have any tests? Is it consistent? Is it getting worse? Any other symptoms? Are you aware of anything which might have triggered it? Any medical problems? Any surgeries? Any other medications including over-the-counter pills and herbs? Any family medical history?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm 5'9" weigh 118. The only med changes were addition of Wellbutrin and the change from doxycycline to Minocycline. I moved from Maryland to Florida. Have been drinking the water here, but that shouldn't be a problem. Pain at time is a 10, definitely affecting my quality of life, overtakes me at times. No tests yet, it is consistent. For relief, at times I'll put a topical antibiotic, bacitrin on it or cerave cream, but hard to do as. I am the manager of a beauty department, which makes it worse. No surgeries, not aware of anything that could have triggered it. No family history. I would say it got bad and has not gotten any better. Feels like a consistent kind of pain, kind of like having a glass shard in my skin that when a create an opening in my inflamed skin and the stuff comes out, sand like, crystal like or with fibers stretched to the stuff, there is instant relief, only to return again in a few hours and spread to surrounding areas. Sometimes bleads if I pull it out with tweezers and it comes out from a deep pore. This is as much as I can say.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Did you have a skin biopsy?

A blood test?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I replied no skin tests yet, but recent bloodwork was all normal. Ever heard of this? Are you a dermatologist?

CDC researchers issued the results of their multi-year study in January 2012, indicating that there were no disease organisms present in people with Morgellons and that the fibers found were likely cotton, and concluded that the condition was "similar to more commonly recognized conditions such as delusional infestation".

But before you are diagnosed as it, you have to be excluded from other medical conditions such as parasitosis, thyroid disease, diabetes mellitus, vitamin B12 and folate deficiencies, syphilis, human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), hematologic disorders, and prescription-drug side effects.