khagihara
khagihara, Medical doctor
Experience:  Trained in the multiple medical fields for many years.
20084961

I wrote just a minute ago that i was diagnosed with the

Customer Question

I wrote just a minute ago that i was diagnosed with the particular bug acinetobacter lwoffii and the bactrim is for 10 days. Im not feeling better and my nails and skin look purple. Im so tired of feelin like this for 9 months. This is a nightmare.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  khagihara replied 10 months ago.

When infections are caused by antibiotic-susceptible Acinetobacter isolates, you should take a broad-spectrum cephalosporin (ceftazidime or cefepime), a combination beta-lactam/beta-lactamase inhibitor (ie, one that includes sulbactam), or a carbapenem (eg, imipenem, meropenem, or doripenem). If it is resistant to them, you should take polymyxins and possibly tigecycline. You should talk to your doctor or an infection specialist (ID doctor).