Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.

I have an inflamed penis and there is a firm ring where the

Customer Question

Hi i have an inflamed penis and there is a firm ring where the foreskin joins the penis.
JA: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dermatologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 3 months ago.

Hi and welcome.

Is there any history of trauma ?

Please Post a picture here so that i can help you in a better way.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i have sent you some pictures.Yes there is trauma started about a year ago after rough sex it was sore and inflamed.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 3 months ago.

Hi and thanks for the query.

This is scar tissue causing fibrosis and stricture formation around the head of the penis. This started after the trauma and resulting in an infection called balanitis, which is a bacterial infection of the foreskin, since, the infection caused raw surface - the healing resulted in a scar. The scar is circumferential and is thus constricting the head of the penis.

You need to have this assessed by a Urologist. Scar release, circumcision and repair is the surgical intervention you need. The urologist may prefer to catheterize the urethra for 2-3 days as well. The procedure can both be done as a day case and with an admission for a day. It can be done under general as well as spinal anesthesia.

Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service, by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.