Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor , PGCSD( Dermatology)
6740150

I think I have a Epidermoid cyst, It's on my inner thigh and

Customer Question

I think I have a Epidermoid cyst
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: It's on my inner thigh and hurts so much very tender
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: Hot compress makes it better any pressure makes it hurt very bad, and since last tuesday
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: It appeared right after I whent skinny dipping in a lake
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dermatologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 11 months ago.

Hello

Welcome to Justanswer website.

Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern

What is your age & gender?

Is the cyst reddish in color?

Do you have any other known medical illness?

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 11 months ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for coming back online.

Yes,the symptoms you have described of having lump/cyst on inner thigh that is tender is most likely because of epidermoid cyst.

The cyst itself usually doesn't hurt, but it can become tender, sore, and red if it gets infected.Following will help you greatly:

• Placing a warm moist cloth (compress) over the area may help the cyst drain and heal.
  • Apply ointment ultramide or ointment polysporin.they are available as OTC without prescription.
  • Take tab. Ibuprofen 400mg from the counter. It is also available as OTC(over the counter) without prescription & will help you greatly.

If still after this,the symptoms persists,then you need to make an appointment with your doctor as prescription oral antibiotic medications will then be required accordingly.Usually & most likely,the symptoms gets cleared with these above described OTC treatment.

Hope this helped

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 11 months ago.

Dear customer

Is there anything else that you would like to know. , I am happy to address your follow-up questions.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 11 months ago.

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going.

Do you need further assistance?

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me.I am happy to hep you.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh