khagihara
khagihara, Medical doctor
Experience:  Trained in the multiple medical fields for many years.
20084961

My 3 year old has red pimply (like) rash on s chest leg neck

Customer Question

Hello my 3 year old has red pimply (like) rash on his chest leg neck and behind one ear. I'm not sure what it is. I gave him Benadryl and it didn't help one bit. Any suggestions? I'm not sure if it's contagious and he does go to summer camp. I'm hesitant to send him tomorrow. Thanks in advance!
JA: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?
Customer: It's been since yesterday. We were at the beach not sure if that makes a difference.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No he's a pretty healthy kid.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  khagihara replied 6 months ago.

Can you attach the photos here? Itch or pain? When did he get it? Is it getting worse? Any other symptoms such as fever, joint pain? Are you aware of anything which might have triggered it? Any medical problems? Any surgeries? Any medications including over-the-counter pills and herbs? Any family medical history?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello! He hasn't been complaining at all about it. He is delayed so he doesn't really express himself to me. Which is frustrating! The rash looks like it's spreading but not rapid. Idk. Let me take a pic and attach.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
This is what it looks like.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Here's a picture of his face.

Mid-childhood acne (acne that occurs in children ages one to six years) is uncommon. Affected children usually present with a mixture of comedos and inflammatory lesions on the face. An endocrinology workup to evaluate for hyperandrogenism is indicated when acne develops in a child in this age group. DHEA-S, total testosterone, and free testosterone levels are reasonable initial tests. You should take it to its doctor to have them measured.