dr abid
dr abid, Doctor (other than dermatologist)
Experience:  I have completed my training in Internal Medicine with sufficent experience to handle variety of patients having skin problem

My daughter7yrs is having hypopigmented patches on her leg

Customer Question

My daughter7yrs is having hypopigmented patches on her leg mostly on the trunk.I have been so worried that it is vitiligo because I have it.the doctor said that it might be post inflamatory hypopigmentation or birthmark.I have so much stress and anxiety.could u help me that it a birthmark not a what age skin biopsy can be taken to diagnose
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  dr abid replied 3 months ago.

Hi there ...

Thank you for the question ...

It would be ideal if you please upload pic of patches ?

Regards .

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  dr abid replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for uploading pic ...

These are patchy Vitiligo marks and as these are not totally white so it indicates there are underlying Melanocytes which are not totally absent , and at this stage treatment can cure patchy Hypopigmented areas .

Vitiligo is clinical diagnosis , biopsy is usually not required , and done only in cases where Physician is in doubt about diagnosis .

Systemic Phototherapy cure more than 70 percent of cases , and meanwhile Micropigmentaion can also helpful , she should get treatment at this stage please .

Regards .

Please ask Dermatologist and Discuss about Systemic Photo therapy please .

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
U confirm that it is vitiligo.i dont think that it is vitiligo when i touch like a sharp feeling.i dont know how to say im not good in english.
Expert:  dr abid replied 3 months ago.

I can understand what you want to say , but as I mentioned this is not typical Vitiligo as there is some underlying Melanocytes still there which are giving such feeling , so I think this is most likely Vitiligo .

As I mentioned at this stage it can be treated , so consulting dr at this stage will help you out and completely cure this issue .

Good luck .

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The doctor in our country told me that it look like a birthmark.not likely vitiligo like you.she having a lot of allergy and dermatitis
Expert:  dr abid replied 3 months ago.

If this happens that when there are two possibilities and decision for treatment is mandatory than Biopsy should be done as early as possible to confirm diagnosis for appropriate treatment .

If dr thinks this is birth mark or Dermatitis than Biopsy is mandatory which can be done at any age .

Good luck .

Positive feedback will be appreciated .

Thanks .

Expert:  dr abid replied 3 months ago.

Are you there ...

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  dr abid replied 3 months ago.

Do you have further quires ?

Regards .

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Is Micropigmentation on the face is safe or harmful
Expert:  dr abid replied 3 months ago.

Micropigmentation can be done over face , this is safe .

Regards .

Expert:  dr abid replied 3 months ago.

Do you have more quires ?

Regards .