Dr. Nair
Dr. Nair, Dermatologist
Experience:  MBBS, MD (Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology)
40004158

After running 5 miles, I had a slight irritation/chaffing on

Customer Question

After running 5 miles, I had a slight irritation/chaffing on the side of my penis. I then had protected sex but felt that there could have been some exposure since the condom didn't go all the way down. Would you consider chaffing from running an open wound? There was no blood present, it was just kinda pink. Thanks
JA: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: nope
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dermatologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I guess my main concern is possible exposure to HIV. We only had sex for about 1 or 2 minutes as I was not really in the mood. I immediately took a shower afterwords and applied hydrocortisone to the area of concern. In the morning there was nothing even visible.
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is***** and I will do my best to provide a useful input.

No unless chafing actually draws blood it is not an open wound - and if it was so mild that one application of Hydrocortisone took care of matters then it would be considered very mild chafing. Nothing to worry about there.

Please feel free to ask if you have any queries.