Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor , PGCSD( Dermatology)
6740150

I pee frequently, in the last week I have had a slight

Customer Question

I pee frequently, in the last week I have had a slight burning at the tip of my penis, no visual bumps or anything , no discharge. It hurts more after I pee and some pee gets on my head.
JA: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Are you in any pain?
Customer: A week slight discomfort/pain
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have what's called a weak stream. I pee very frequently
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 5 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer website.

Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

For how long you have this issue?

Age?

Did you have history of urinary infections in past?

Blood mixed with urine?

Do you have fever or chills?

Are you on any medications?

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
30
I have been put on antibiotics for uti
No fever or chills
No blood in urine
It also does not hurt when I pee just after when it seems to get urine on my penis head
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It's not an unbearable pain more of a stinging and discomfort pain. It doesn't keep me from doing things or sleeping. Just very annoying
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 5 months ago.

Dear,

Thanks for all these additional details.

I am sorry to hear about your problems.

This can be recurrence of UTI.

There are certain risk factors which make more prone to reccurence of UTI like- kidney stones,narrowed urethra, not drinking enough fluids.Reccurence of UTI are very common.

You need again complete urine examination along with urine culture (clean catch) to know the exact bacteria & then take the treatment accordingly.

Antibiotics may need to be given for a long period of time(may be for 2 weeks) or stronger antibiotics may be needed than for single, uncomplicated episodes.Also the risk factors are to be diagnosed & treated.

You need following tests to know if there is any risk factor for recurrence of UTI-

-Urinalysis
-Urine culture & sensitivity test
-Kidney x-ray
-Abdominal ultrasound

So I advice you to make an appointment with your urologist for these tests & examination to know the exact cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Till than continue drinking plenty of fluids.Drink either unsweetened blueberry juice or unsweetened cranberry juice. Try to drink at least 2 to 4 glasses of cranberry juice a day.

Please see Urologist and get it managed.

Hope this helped

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
This doesn't sound like an std right ? I been with the same girl for 4 years. Sometimes I am very lazy after playing baseball and don't shower for a few hours or even the next day. Isn't a uti suppose to hurt while you urinate? I have no pain at all during urinating. Just after when the pee drips down my head a little.
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 5 months ago.

Dear,

I am completely sure this is not related with STD.

Please don't worry, this is not related with any serious issue.

Many times, bladder infection would only cause pain after urination, and weak stream is also a part of such urinary infection.

Please don't worry, this is not related with STD.

You can get urine culture test and accordingly, appropriate antibiotics would be prescribed.

Hope this helped

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My weak stream was diagnosed about two years ago it's a constant thing. I literally pee 20 times a day. I would be more prone to uti because of this correct ?
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 5 months ago.

Dear,

Yes, it is true that weak Urine stream, would make you at risk of getting recurrent urinary infections.

You can also, Apply heat to your lower abdomen ,This is where the bladder sits. The heat relaxes muscles and aids urination.

You can Take a warm bath or shower to help stimulate urination.

You should Eat a healthy diet that includes fruits and vegetables, especially those that contain high amounts of vitamin C and beta-cartone such as cantaloupe, mango and carrots, It would be helpful.

You should Drink liquids throughout the day, but restrict your intake during the evening if it causes you to wake in the middle of the night to urinate.

Please follow above measures, and see your Urologist.

God bless you and take care.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 5 months ago.

Dear,

If you have any further question then you can ask me.
I'm here to discuss further query until you get satisfaction.
Thanks.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Still burns, woke up felt fine then I peed and about 15 mins later it returned. You think it's possible I have a small cut ?
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 5 months ago.

Dear,

Sorry for the delay in reply.

I don't think it is related with cut/ lesion on penis.

This is most likely recurrence of UTI. It doesn't sound to be related with STD or any other serious issue.

Please stop worrying, this is not STD or any other serious issue.

Urinary infection, pain can come and go especially after urination.

God bless you and take care.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hey , burning sensation subsided tremendously today. Started to feel it a little after uriniating and put some lotromin on it now it's back more feels like a burn but it's hot kind of how a cut gets when it's infected not too painful just a little discomfort
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 5 months ago.

Dear,

Thanks for coming back.

I can understand your concern.

Slight discomfort, after application of Lotrimin is normal. It could cause burning sensation. No need to worry.

This is not related with any serious issue.

Sometimes, urinary infection may result in such symptoms.

I don't think it to be lesion or any cuts.

Hope this helped.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh