dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology

I have some questions which I think are related to my lichen

Customer Question

I have some questions which I think are related to my lichen sclerosus. I was diagnosed with this 18 years ago, and it is located at the string/frenulum of the penis, would typically flare up if I didn't keep the area dry, but overall been of little concern. I am uncircumcised. A couple of years ago I applied some locobase repair on my glans, then after 1-2 hours, I suddenly felt wet down there and noticed my glans had become smaller, and a little more red-ish in color, and I wasn't always able to blow up the glans like I used to. Very long time ago (17 years) over a period of several weeks I did some squeezing around the penis head to "last longer", which caused a permanent small dent in my glans, so I thought it might have been related to that, an internal glans injury, but then it may also be related to lichen sclerosus.
Then a few months ago after using some water based lubricant, the same thing happened, glans becoming smaller, though less difference than the previous time. It has also happened again two weeks ago, for no apparent reason, suddenly a wet feeling, but now I feel the glans has become very slippery and stayed like that since. I also notice it kind of sticks more to the foreskin when I pull it back, as if there is glue there, but does not feel tighter though.
Two days ago I dropped some hot water on the floor (not boiling hot) which splashed to my legs and some on my genitals, but I was wearing underwear. I didn't feel anything there, but I checked after half an hour and noticed a very small black spot on the glans, almost like a line, then after I touched/rubbed the area, it has started to sting and burn. It has been like that for two days now, not so much as I can't stand it, but still bothering me. There is however nothing visible, so I haven't felt too alarmed.
I realise that it can be difficult to give the best advice when there is no face to face consultation. But I would still appreciate if you could help me out.
Does it sound like I have lost some layers on the glans? What can I do about it? Is it likely to be caused my lichen sclerosus or the injury I mentioned? What should I do about the burn/sting feeling, apply anything? Or just wait and see a few more days? Should I see a dermatologist?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 3 months ago.

any other medical issues?

just click send to reply