Dr.Amita, Doctor
Experience:  MD.Extensive knowledge of medicine.

I have woken up with a red about 1/2" in diameter in the

Customer Question

I have woken up with a red mark about 1/2" in diameter in the foreskin and am worried I may have an STD after exposure with a second worker 3 weeks ago
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for your question.

What tests you have had?

Can you upload a photo of the red mark here using the paper clip icon in the toolbox?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sample Type: Urine
C. trachomatis (NAAT)Urine Negative
N. gonorrhoeae(NAAT) Urine Negative
HIV1/2 PCR Not Detected
HCV PCR Not Detected
HBV PCR Not Detected
Result from Referral Laboratory ID [934].
Herpes Simplex Type I/II DNA Not Detected
Sample type PCR Swab
Site Not stated.
Result from Referral LabTest 2The results of your urine test are as follows:Chlamydia trachomatis: negative
Neisseria gonorrhoea: negative
Mycoplasma genitalum: negative
Ureaplasma DNA: negative
Trichomonas vaginalis: negative
Gardnerella vaginalis: negative
Herpes simplex I & II: negativeTest 3
The results of your oral test (throat swab) are as follows:
Chlamydia trachomatis: negative
Neisseria gonorrhoea: negativeI had sexual contact just over 3 weeks ago and these tests were taken two weeks ago. My symptoms have beenAfter One week red circles of red spots on tip of tongue a few days later loss of appetite and gastro cramps and some diarreah. Then pins and needles and loss of feeling in hands arms and legs toes. This lasted until 4-5 days ago and I've been fine until I spotted this today on my penis. I've not masturbated or had sex since so this is a bit scary.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I also had done night sweats as well when having the stomach problems and a bit of a headache.
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for your reply.

You need to get tested for syphilis.

Primary syphilis can appear with a lesion on penis which usually starts with a raised papule which ulcerates later on .Usually appears at around 3 weeks after exposure.

The appearance of the lesion is not characteristic of chancre of syphilis but location and time of appearance of lesion makes it imperative that you should have yourself tested for syphilis as well.

This is my initial answer.Please reply if you need any clarification.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok thank you. Can I be tested for Syphillis this soon after exposure or do I need to wait? Would there be any other symptoms that I would be getting I.e the symptoms I described is had on the last two weeks? Thanks Tim
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 4 months ago.

The initial VDRL test can be done 2 weeks after chancre formation.

Depending upon the VDRL result further testing can be done.

Primary syphilis is usually symptom less.Only signs are formation of chancre and enlargement of lymph nodes in the area.Lymph node enlargement can be detected by your doctor on examination.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks. I've booked a test but I've taken a look at the pictures of a chancre on the pe is skin and it doesn't look anything like what I'm seeing. Mine is more like a blood clot in the skin. I've had very small ones before a day after mastrubating but never like this and I haven't mastrubated. I've been taking antibiotics for 4 days now for a lump I had on my foot that the doctor thought might be infected. Could this be related? If not can you think of anything else that could have made this mark? It's really quite big and looks like it's bleeding under the skin . Thanks Tim
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 4 months ago.

Dear *****

As I mentioned in my first post, the lesion is not characteristic of a chancre but because of spontaneous appearance and site and time of appearance you need to get tested to rule out syphilis.

Antibiotics can interfere with blood clotting and it is possible that this is spontaneous bruising as a result of antibiotic you are taking.Only caveat here is that bruising has appeared only on penis which is unusual.Still antibiotics have to be considered as culprit here.

It would be a good idea to have a doctor examine you and order relevant tests like coagulation profile.