DocPhilMD, Doctor
Experience:  Internal Medicine Physician

I'm a 45 yr. old female who has moderate to severe cystic

Customer Question

I'm a 45 yr. old female who has moderate to severe cystic acne on chin area for almost five years. I never had acne before. Each year it gets worse and nothing has helped. I've been to numerous dermatologists, obgyn, and infectious disease specialist for staph aureus. I've taken many different antibiotics, orally and topically with no positive outcomes. Blue light therapy and light pulsed hair removal has not worked either. For years my lab tests report that I have low testosterone and my other hormone levels are in normal range. I take prescription folic acid 1mg. daily for high homocysteine, vitamin D 1000 mg. daily, Adderall 37.5 mg. twice daily, probiotic (nature's sunshine) and a flintstone multi vitamin. Along with the chin acne I notice that my hair and skin is very oily. The lesions start out as a red swollen painful bump. They don't go away until I prick them with a pin and get the hair out, the hair is not ingrown, but is underneath some sort of sack that is almost unpenetratable. Once the hair is out and the sack type thing the lesion heals and scars and another will develop near the same area. What can I do to get rid of this? Other doctors told me I have bad luck and deal with it.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for this question

Can you attach a picture?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I can attach a pictuire but I will need a few minutes.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Here is the photo.

have you tried aldactone or metformin?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have tried Spiro but it made my periods bad so doc said to stop. Obgyn put me on metformin for about 3 weeks then my endo freaked out and said I'm not diabetic and stop taking it.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Are you still there?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Are we done, is that it?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
How long do I wait?