Dr. Nair
Dr. Nair, Dermatologist
Experience:  MBBS, MD (Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology)
40004158

I would just like to check what is the small tiny seed liked

Customer Question

Hello doc,
I would just like to check what is the small tiny seed liked feeling under my skin? I have one behind my back. It doesnt move around and its not painful. It felt like some pimple stucked in there but no matter how i squeeze it out it just wont come out. The tiny bump looks just like my own skin color.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is***** and I will do my best to provide a useful input.

Would a photograph of the affected area be possible at your convenience?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am actually using my phone to access this website and i dont see an upload icon for me to post the image..

Hmm okay - you would need customer care to help you there. If you cannot upload one at this time you can do so later at your convenience from a computer and I'd be happy to take a look.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Maybe you can let me know what are the possible cause first? It is skin color if i leave it as it is but if i just squeeze a little it starts to turn a little pinkish. But its rather small.

The commonest cause for this is a small skin cyst - which is sort of like a blind sac below the skin, this can be filled with either soft or hard material. Other causes are - small fibroma from an old zit/pimple, sebaceous hyperlasia, and tiny dermatofibromas from things like insect bite reactions.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It is common for the bump like thingy to stay there for 1 month or so?
Can I just leave it as it is?
Anything that I can do to clear it?

Yes all the conditions I mentioned can persist many months (and are harmless so can be left alone). You can try using 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide gel twice a day on the bump for a few weeks to see if that helps - this causes flaking of skin and can sometimes help. It is available over the counter without a prescription.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Possible for me to upload a pic by tonight to confirm? Thanks!

Sure no problem. Kindly consider rating our interaction positively to enable me to get credit for my work with you. You can continue to follow up even after - the question stays open. Thank you.