dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

I have sticky skin. Almost a coating. It is making hairs

Customer Question

I have sticky skin. Almost a coating. It is making hairs ingrow etc on my head, face eyes and now moving to my body.
JA: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Any other skin concerns?
Customer: Several weeks. I am in the Dx phase of other issues. I do have reynauds, myotonia, cardiac issues, but no skin issues other than very sensitive skin
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Just the above mentioned. I will be going to Mayo soon, but this is progressing rapidly
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dermatologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
If I try to pull the hairs out of any surface, or mess with my skin in affected areas in general, the coating (I call it my "Amber" accelerates production and coats again within minutes.
Expert:  khagihara replied 8 months ago.

Can you attach the photos here? What is your question? Are you a male or a female? How old are you? How tall are you? How much do you weigh? Any weight change? Pain or itch? Does anything make it better or worse? Is it consistent? Is it getting worse? Any other symptoms? Are you aware of anything which might have triggered it? Any other medical problem? Any surgeries? Any medications including over-the-counter pills and herbs? Any family medical history?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Several weeks ago I realized my hair on my head, eyelashes and eye brows were becoming ingrown, but not i the usual sense. They are covered by a thick sticky substance. It is now covering my face, under my nails, and just beginning in various parts of my body. I am 49 yr old female. No new meds. Worsened by scrubbing, or trying to pull hairs out. I am quite ill, but have been and this is very new. We are ruling out Amyloid issues. Current Dx are previously listed but also include Small fiber neuropathy and osteopenia. send pics in a sec, but it is hard to see as it is clear to pale amber
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
You can see where it takes off chunks of my skin when I try to remove it, or hairs imbedded

Do you have small, scattered blisters in the area? Pain or itch?