Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

My daughter has poison oak. The little blisters weep about

Customer Question

My daughter has poison oak. The little blisters weep about every 3 hours. I have been using alcohol to rub her legs down about every 3 hours. The poison oak is moving up her legs. Is there any way I can stop it from spreading ? Is there any thing else I can do to stop the itching ?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 5 months ago.

Hi and thanks for the query.

If there are blisters that have started to weep and are spreading then she needs urgent medical attention at an ER or the Urgent Care.

Administration of antihistamines like benadryl or loratidine 10mg twice a day will help with the itching.

However, the hospital will examine the sores and dress them after scrubbing and decontaminating them. To prevent secondary infection on the sores, she will require oral antibiotics which will be prescribed by the doctor in the ER or the Urgent Care.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 5 months ago.

Hope this helps.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 5 months ago.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.

Wish you good health.