dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

My hands smell and it is more noticeable when I sweat. It

Customer Question

My hands smell and it is more noticeable when I sweat. It smells like sweaty feet, but it is strong. I do wash my hands a lot and use antibacterial soap. My hands are not especially dry or cracked right now. I have read a lot on the internet and there really doesn't seem to be a lot of an answer. It is only my hands. I haven't discussed this with a doctor, but have had recent blood tests, etc and am fine. I don't sweat a lot, but live in a warm climate. I don't take meds.
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? In general, how would you describe your health lately?
Customer: I have been really tired and have been having headaches. But, all tests have been normal.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dermatologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 12 months ago.

This is Dr. David

you should discuss this with your doctor.

you could have sweat glands in the skin of your hands.

if you can find those sweat glands, you could have them cut out or injected with botox to help decrease how much odor they produce.

you can also try to use deodorant on your hands as well.

let me know if you have questions.