Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I have sores that have come up on my body. Mainly in the

Customer Question

I have sores that have come up on my body. Mainly in the crack area of my butt, but also, in my crotch, on my ball sack. These sores start out looking like a pimple, but they never come to a head. They are filled with fluid, and very sore to the touch. Is this a normal condition, or how should I do?? Hal Wasden
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 5 months ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

Could you attach a picture of one of these sores, preferably a close-up picture or a high resolution image that will allow zooming?

I had asked for a picture of these sores and have not heard back.

It is not a normal condition to have sores such as you describe. In this location, a fungal infection is most common, but your description sounds more like a bacterial infection, such as of hair follicles. If I could review a picture, then a better statement can be made.

At this point, you can try some home interventions with regular cleaning with soap and water followed by application of an over the counter topical antibiotic, such as Neosporin.

If you can attach a picture, then I would be glad to comment further.