Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.

I need your assistance..I am an ulcer patient, Is there an

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can we help?
Customer: I need your assistance..I am an ulcer patient
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Is there an ulcer drug called bonadol?
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Yes I have seen a doctor and the medication I was given helped me
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 4 months ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

If you question is only about Bonadol, there is no medicine in the US called Bonadol. I can find a drug called Bonadol in other countries, but it contains paracetamol, which in the US is called acetaminophen and is available under numerous brand names as well as generic products. However, paracetamol/acetaminophen is not an ulcer drug. It is a pain drug, but it is the pain drug that is best tolerated in someone with a history of ulcer disease, so is frequently given to someone with ulcers.

If you were given Bonadol in another country and are now in the US and are looking for a similar medicine, it will be called acetaminophen.

If you are having symptoms from an ulcer, it would be fine to take acetaminophen, but it will not treat the ulcer. For an ulcer, it would be better to take a medicine that suppresses stomach acid, such as ranitidine or omeprazole.

Is this the information that you are seeking?

I have not head back whether this is the information you are seeking or if there is any other information that would be helpful.

I will be leaving the computer for a while in an hour or two, but will be back later today.