DocPhilMD, Doctor
Experience:  Internal Medicine Physician

How can you tell a bump on the outer skin from and enlarged

Customer Question

How can you tell a bump on the outer skin from and enlarged lymph node on the back of neck?
JA: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?
Customer: I have a place behind my earlobe in crease that a dermatologist told me was a cyst, a long time ago. He injected with cortisone and it got smaller. Now there is a place where it was that usually is moist. I also have tinnitus in that ear. ENT doctors don't think it is serious. Now a few bumps are forming on back of neck three to four inches away.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Well I am a former lab tech and I have looked at the symptoms of lymphoma like fatigue, trouble keeping the same temp (no fever) and weight around middle. I have some of those, but I am not losing weight overall.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 4 months ago.

Sounds like a sebaceous cyst.

do you have a pic?

Thanks for this question

Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it. :)

if you have more questions, just reply.