khagihara
khagihara, Medical doctor
Experience:  Trained in the multiple medical fields for many years.
20084961

I am a 38 year old female who suffered from Chronic Tellogen

Customer Question

Hello, I am a 38 year old female who suffered from Chronic Tellogen Effluvium for 4 years following a divorce. I had been stable (recovered) for the last 3 years. Unfortunately, I recently suffered a natural miscarriage (and note, I discontinued an antigen blocking BC two weeks prior to getting pregnant) and now, nearly 3 months later, the difuse shedding has returned with vengence. I would like to resume a once daily 5% topical Rogaine regimin, but I would like to know how long I need to be off of it before I can try to get pregnant again. In other words, how long does 5% Rogaine stay in the body after daily use is discontinued where it could have adverse effects on a fetus? Thank you.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  khagihara replied 5 months ago.

How much do you use it a day?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Once per day, as it is 5% and I'm female, over the entire scalp. I use the mousse (foam) formulation.

How many cups do you use a day?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have no idea. It is dispensed directly from the bottle to the scalp.

The amount of Rogaine is 20mg. The half life is 4.2 hours. It takes about 30 hours to become 1/100. But you use it everyday. 1 week is good enough before you can try get pregnant.