DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Internist/homeopath
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor/homeopathy medical and homeopathic approaches to skin disorders.
24257177

About maybe 4-5 days ago i noticed a small lump on the

Customer Question

Hello sir, about maybe 4-5 days ago i noticed a small lump on the underskin of my shaft , I'm not sexually active so i knows it isn't an std. but it's been a little painful as of recently . i've been doing some research d the only 2 things that i could be are "Folliculitis" or "Lymphoceles" the bump has gotten bigger and I'm really scared, I'm 18 years of age and i hope this doesn't ruin anything in the long run
JA: How long have you had the lump? Is it hard or soft?
Customer: I've had it for about 4 to 5 days now, it's a hard lump
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: There's nothing, I'm not allergic to anything, health is fine, I'm i shape. I have no idea what's going on. but the two topics that are similar to what I'm experiencing could be
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dermatologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 5 months ago.

Hello

It can also be a sebaceous cyst, also benign.

I would not worry, but your doctor has to examine this.

Folliculitis would be red, on the surface and spread.

Glad to look at t picture here.;

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
thank you sir. I just looked at some pictures of this sebaceous and I'm sure that's what's going on here. Do you know how this even occurred and if I can prevent this in the future? Also how long does this sebaceous stay on my penis?

It occurs for unknown reasons, the shaft of the hair goes into a gland that can form a cyst, for unknown reasons.

It won't necessarily happen again.

It won't go away unless a doctor removes it. It might shrink, but can come back.

, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Alright sir thank you, I'll give you the best rating.

Please click that on the rating scale at the top of this pagel.

Thanks.

Find me anytime.