DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Internist/homeopath
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor/homeopathy medical and homeopathic approaches to skin disorders.
24257177

I'm wondering what is this. Some said insect bites some

Customer Question

I'm wondering what is this. Some said insect bites some said folliculitis. I have pictures of different stages, and the first stage has been about 2 months
It started from me went stayed over a friend's house. Using her towel and got home by noon and started the reaction by 4pm on one side of my buttom, hours later it's started on my other side. Later the night it started on my chest. I used cortisone and benedryl for the first week and stop benedryl but continued the cortisone for topical. So they dried up and the first episode was gone and I thought I'm good now, just only scars. But no, it keeps coming back but not in a hive like anymore. It came back individually here and there but still same area, buttock. The new one came every couple of days. Started like mosquito bite( skin color bump) then slowly turning red about 4-8hrs later and gotten hard and slightly tender instead of itch. Some developed with dots of pus, some didn't , just raised red bumps. So to be honest I don't know what it is. I can't find trace of insect at home , cars, anywhere. It only happened after I got back from stayed over and continuously happens. Please help
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 5 months ago.

Hello

They look like bites.

Not at all like folliculitis.

Bed bugs leave this type of mark, in fact.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
today, I still get them occasionally. Not as extremely but keeps coming back every 2-3 days when the old one started to heal the new one came. And cortisone doesn't help anymore. I didn't biosy 2 months ago with my obgyn she found nothing but the dermatologist I went to see didn't offer any just only looked and prescribed me some topical antibiotic which I will pick it up today. I want it to go away. It scars me so bad

Hi

Please read my answer above.

I suggest you have a professional into the house to see if there are bugs.

please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I got really scared so I've been wearing yoga pants to sleep to make sure nothing crawling under my pants but obviously it didn't work. It came back 1 bite at a time . No hive or cluster anymore

Please click a positive rating.

That is how we are paid, per rating.

I don't see another question here, however, I will be glad to answer a follow up afterwards.