dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology

I get a rash on the inside of my right ankle going up the

Customer Question

I get a rash on the inside of my right ankle going up the leg. I wash my compression stocking after each wearing. The rash is on the upper part of my left leg. Triamicolone Acetonide Cream is not helping. It takes a long time for the rash to heal prohibiting my wearing these socks. I have been to my doctor. Do you have any suggestions?
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?
Customer: Wearing makes the rash worse. Only time heals the rash. Cream helps the itching.
JA: Is there anything else the Dermatologist should be aware of?
Customer: I used to have eczema but that was a long time ago. I wear the socks for a few days and it takes a month to heal. It is red, dry, scaley and blotchy.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dermatologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 months ago.

This is Dr. David

that rash on your leg could be due to cellulitis infection of the soft tissues

or could be due to venous status changes in your leg from poor circulation.

in the summer time, it can be quite hot wearing compression stockings which can be very thick.

you may need to try to elevate your legs above your heart in a recliner to help decrease swelling in your legs

you may benefit from a thinner compression stocking for your legs.

you may need to use powder or antifungal powder on your legs prior to wearing compression stockings to help prevent itching.

are you wearing JOBST compression stockings on your legs?