DrThomasMd, Internist/homeopath
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor/homeopathy medical and homeopathic approaches to skin disorders.

I have a red ring under one armpit, but not the other one. I

Customer Question

I have a red ring under one armpit, but not the other one. I shaved under them two nights ago and noticed it last night after my shower. It's a little warm and tender to the touch. No rash, just redness.
JA: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?
Customer: It wasn't there Sunday night when i shaved, so it appeared sometime between Sunday night and last night--it's a bright red oval just under the one arm. It does not itch, nor is there a rash. It's warm and feels tender.
JA: Is there anything else the Dermatologist should be aware of?
Customer: Not sure--I freak out a little since I had melanoma 22 years ago, but I don't think this would have anything to do with my lymph system. I'm wondering if I could have an allergic reaction to my deodorant just under one arm?!
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dermatologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 4 months ago.

Allergic reactin

Fungal infection

Ringworm is possible as well.

Attach a picture here if you like.