Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine

I have problem with my scalp. I have been visiting doctor

Customer Question

Hello, I have problem with my scalp. I have been visiting doctor already but treatment did not help much. While I was using ketokonazol shampoo and gidrocartizone ointment it was ok,but after I stopped I got worse. He told me I have sebborhea.So now I it so bad that I have rings all over my head and skin etching so bed, I can't sleep at night. I don't know what to do. can you give me any advice?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for your question.

The problem with seborrheic dermatitis is that it is a chronic problem that keeps recurring so you will have to use the ketoconazole shampoo for a long period of time.

Use the hydrocortisone ointment off and on giving a break of one week after a couple of weeks of use.

If your symptoms are not responding and are severe you will require stronger prescription antifungals and may also require oral antifungal medications like terbinafine to help with the rings that you have in your hair.

With the current symptoms that you are having i.e. itching and rings because of which you cannot sleep, you must be seen by your doctor again to get a prescription of a stronger steroid along with stronger antifungal medications.

This session is open for any further questions that you may have.
I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner as that is the only way we, the experts, are credited on here for helping you out.
Kindest regards